Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Hasek ist zurück !!!

Standard Hasek ist zurück !!!

*wunder* Hat hier noch gar niemand erwähnt...

Dominik Hasek waves hello to the Red Wings again.

DETROIT -- Dominik Hasek is coming back to Detroit, one year after he led the Red Wings to a Stanley Cup title.

"My battery is recharged," Hasek said Monday. "I'm looking forward to getting on the ice again with my teammates."

The Wings late last month exercised an $8 million option on Hasek, who lives in the Czech Republic. It wasn't clear until Tuesday whether Hasek, who retired a year ago, would play this season.

The Wings spent several weeks discussing the possibility of Hasek's return with Hasek's agent, Rich Winter, and Hasek, who met with Wings Coach Dave Lewis in Austria last month. Last week, the Wings picked up the $8 million option year remaining on Hasek's original contract with the team, securing his rights for next season.

Hasek's gives the Wings two high-priced goaltenders, as incumbent starter Curtis Joseph still has two years -- at $8 million per season -- remaining on his contract. Joseph has a no-trade clause in his contract, but the Wings have been soliciting offers for Joseph in recent weeks and are expected to move him and not Hasek.

"To this point, I have not asked Curtis or his agent to waive his no-trade clause," Holland said Monday. "Once Dom's final decision is announced, then I will look at our options."

The Wings also announced Monday the signing of top prospect Jiri Hudler to a three-year contract. Hudler, a 19-year-old center from the Czech Republic, was the Wings' top pick in the 2002 draft and will compete for a roster spot in the fall

nhl.com
    ZitierenZitieren     

Profi

und wann kommt der Bus ??? :?
    ZitierenZitieren     

Stammspieler

http://www.freep.com/voices/edit_art/070903_mt_450.jpg

Nicht falsch verstehen, eigentlich mag ich CuJo ja, aber der ist echt witzig, oder?
    ZitierenZitieren     

Profi

Zitat Zitat von Stevie Y
    http://www.freep.com/voices/edit_art/070903_mt_450.jpg

Nicht falsch verstehen, eigentlich mag ich CuJo ja, aber der ist echt witzig, oder?
    Witzig und vor allem recht treffend nach dieser Meldung von einem Internet-Magazin aus Michigan:

Joseph waives no-trade clause as Hasek makes his comeback official

Wednesday, July 9, 2003

By Ansar Khan

DETROIT -- Curtis Joseph has accepted his fate, realizing Dominik Hasek has replaced him as the starting goaltender for the Detroit Red Wings.

Joseph has agreed to waive the no-trade clause in his contract and is prepared to move on, his agent said. But he'll only accept a trade to a city and team that meets his criteria.

"He's very disappointed but he's realistic," agent Don Meehan said Tuesday, several hours after Hasek announced during a teleconference that he was returning to the Wings after his one-year retirement. "(Joseph) understands you have to be flexible and move around in your life. He's resigned to the fact that it's Detroit's intentions to trade him."

While the Wings upgraded the position by bringing back Hasek, who has six Vezina Trophies (top goaltender), two Hart Trophies (NHL MVP), an Olympic gold medal and a Stanley Cup championship, they're also in a quandary with Joseph, who has two years and $16 million remaining on his contract and won't be easy to trade.

"Ideally, as quickly as possible we'd like to get a goaltender moved. That's easier said than done in today's climate in the NHL," Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "Both (goalies) are well-paid. I'm going to have to be creative in order to put (a trade) together."

The Wings have been shopping Joseph for more than two weeks. Owner Mike Ilitch said last week that the club has received some offers for him.

Only a few teams -- the New York Rangers, Boston, St. Louis and Colorado -- are believed to be in the market for a goalie. The New York Post reported that the Rangers, possibly as a prelude to a trade for Joseph, are trying to deal goalie Mike Dunham to Boston.

Meehan said Joseph will consider several factors before approving a move, including the quality of schools in that city. He would also prefer to play for a Cup-contending club. Meehan said the Wings have discussed some potential trade destinations with him but it doesn't appear they're close to making a move.

Meehan said Joseph would prefer that a deal gets done quickly, but added, "Only if the conditions are right. Timing isn't an issue."

It is an issue for Holland, who doesn't want to head into training camp in September with the distraction of having both Joseph and Hasek on the roster.

Hasek, 38, hasn't strapped on his goaltending gear since the night the Wings clinched the Stanley Cup championship nearly 13 months ago. What little recreational hockey he's played since then was as a defenseman.

But he insists he's in excellent shape, that he's even lost eight pounds from his playing weight. And he said he's regained the desire to be the best and the hunger to win another title.

Hasek has no doubt he's ready for perhaps the biggest challenge of his Hall of Fame career.

"I wouldn't say to the Red Wings that I want to come back if I wasn't sure," Hasek said. "My batteries are recharged and I have the fire to compete again. I believe I can compete at the same level. I want to be 'The Dominator' again."

Hasek, so adamant about his retirement one year ago, said he first got the itch to come back while watching the playoffs on TV. He made his final decision about three weeks ago, when he met with Wings coach Dave Lewis in Austria. But the club told him to take some more time to be absolutely sure. After vacationing with his family in Spain last weekend, he informed the Wings on Monday that he's positive he wants to play.

"My primary motivation is to compete again," Hasek said. "I'm looking forward to competing with my teammates every day in practice."

Neither Hasek nor Holland believes the year off will have an adverse effect.

"Since I retired I've lived an active life," Hasek said. "In the winter, I played squash three or four times a week. I played hockey once a week as a defenseman. I played a lot of soccer. I feel I'm in good shape. That's also a reason I feel good about my decision."

At the end of the teleconference, Hasek was asked if his rival, recently retired Colorado goalie Patrick Roy, might return. Hasek's agent, Rich Winter, said Roy has filed his retirement papers with the NHL, preventing him from playing until after this upcoming season.
    Damit ist Cujo wieder zu haben. Bin mal gespannt wer zuschlägt und ob Colorado mitbietet, da sie Roy nun endgültig zumindest für ein Jahr los sind.
    ZitierenZitieren     

aev-andi
    Gast

Ich hab wo davor schon gehört,dass Cujo bei einem anderen NHL-Club im Gespräch war.Weiß aber nicht wo.
    ZitierenZitieren