Oft wurde ja vermutet, dass er evtl zum AEV kommen würde, aber ich denke für die nächste zeit wird's wohl nix werden.

Lightning sign Eric Perrin
June 19, 2003

Tampa, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning signed Eric Perrin of the Finnish Elite League on Thursday, reuniting the free agent center with NHL All-Star and former college teammate Martin St. Louis.

Terms of the agreement were not released.

Perrin and St. Louis grew up in Laval, Quebec, and formed one of the most dynamic scoring tandems in college hockey at the University of Vermont from 1993-97.

St. Louis led the Lightning to the most successful season in team history this past season, and Tampa Bay decided to pursue Perrin after a conversation between St. Louis and general manager Jay Feaster.

“Marty told me that while he was the one who had been given the opportunity to play in the NHL, Eric was every bit as good a player, if not better, but had never been given the chance,” Feaster said.

Perrin has played the last three seasons in the Finnish Elite League with Assat, HPK and JYP, ranking as one of the league’s top scorers in each of those years. He had 18 goals and 46 points in 56 games for JYP last season.

“I’ve waited seven years for an opportunity like this. I even went to Finland the past three years to make myself a better player to get the chance,” Perrin said. “This is a dream come true, now I just need to work hard to make sure I stay in Tampa.”

Quelle: www.dallasstars.com

Gruß
turtle