ZitierenZitieren     

Profi

Standard Neuverträge in der NHL

Geile Sache das Madden in NJ bleibt und Pandolfo au
    ZitierenZitieren     

Blackhawks Sign Barnaby, Brown

July 2, 2004

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have signed free agent center Curtis Brown and right winger Matthew Barnaby (left). In keeping with club policy, terms of the contracts were not disclosed.

"Curtis Brown is a character player who is good both offensively and defensively," said Blackhawks assistant general manager Dale Tallon. "He has good speed, can kill penalties, and is an excellent two-way player. He's a solid citizen and team leader."

"Matthew Barnaby is an exciting, in-your-face type of a player," added Tallon. "He is the type of player you hate to play against but love to have on your team. He is an exciting player who is a class act off the ice."

Brown, 28, split last season between the Buffalo Sabres and the San Jose Sharks. He was originally drafted by Buffalo in the second round, 43rd overall, in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

Brown stands at 6.00 and weighs in at 200 pounds. He played his junior hockey at Moose Jaw and Prince Albert in the Western Hockey League. He got his first taste of NHL action with the Buffalo Sabres in the 1994-95 season appearing in one game and picking up two points with a goal and an assist.

Last season, Brown appeared in 68 games for the Buffalo Sabres scoring 9 goals while adding 12 assists for 21 points with 30 penalty minutes. He was traded to the San Jose Sharks where he played in 12 games and had four points with 2 goals and 2 assists to go with 6 penalty minutes. He also played in 17 playoff games with the Sharks and had 2 assists with 18 penalty minutes.

In his NHL career, Brown has appeared in 554 regular season games scoring 111 goals while adding 145 assists for 256 points with 294 penalty minutes. In playoff competition, Brown has played in 69 games with 14 goals to go along with 13 assists for 27 points and 52 penalty minutes. Brown has been a plus player in nine of his ten years in the NHL.

"I'm very excited about coming to Chicago," said Curtis Brown. "As a player, I'm looking forward to coming to a team and a city that is excited about having me there. I am excited about the opportunity to be a part of a team that is moving in the right direction. I have always heard great things about the Blackhawks organization and the city of Chicago. I'm looking forward to the experience of coming to a team with a rich tradition and I have a great respect for that."

Matthew Barnaby, 31, split last season between the New York Rangers and the Colorado Avalanche. He too was originally drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the fifth round, 83rd overall, of the 1992 NHL Entry Draft.

Barnaby stands at 6.00 and weighs in at 190 pounds. He played his junior hockey in the Quebec League playing for both Beauport and and Victoriaville. He made his NHL debut in the 1992-93 season with the Sabres playing in two games and scoring one goal.

Last season, Barnaby played in 69 games for the New York Rangers scoring 12 goals while adding 20 assists for 32 points with 120 penalty minutes. He was traded to the Colorado Avalanche where he appeared in 13 games and had 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points with 37 penalty minutes. He also played in 11 playoff games for the Avalanche and had 2 assists and 27 penalty minutes.

In his NHL career, Barnaby has appeared in 713 games scoring 104 goals while adding 161 assists for 265 points with 2,257 penalty minutes. In playoff competition, Barnaby has appeared in 62 games scoring 7 goals and adding 15 assists for 22 points with 170 penalty minutes.

"I am very excited to be coming to the Blackhawks," said Matthew Barnaby. "I actually thought I might be drafted by the Blackhawks in my draft year. The Chicago fans are incredible, the uniforms are the best in hockey, and my family and I love the city.

"I have never changed the way I play the game. I have always been an in-your-face type of player. I hope I can become a fan favorite in Chicago. I'm excited about coming to a team that I feel is going in the right direction."
    ZitierenZitieren     

Hockeygott

Dominik Hasek wechselt laut eurohockey.net zu den Ottawa Senators
    ZitierenZitieren     

Mike Knuble (BOS) und Turner Stevenson (NJ) => Philadelphia

Darren Langdon (MTL) und Erik Rasmussen (NJ) => New Jersey

Darcy Verot (WSH) => Washington

Tyson Nash und Greg Johnson (beide PHX) => Phoenix

Jeff O´Neill (CAR) => Carolina

Jamie McLennan (NYR) => Florida

Karlis Skrastins und Peter Worrell (beide COL), sowie Ian Laperriere (LA) und Antti Laaksonen (MIN) => Colorado

Chris Simon (CAL) und Byron Ritchie (FLO) => Calgary

Ales Kotalik (BUF) => Buffalo

Jonathan Girard (BOS) => Boston
    ZitierenZitieren